400 Church Street
Archbald, PA 18403
Tel 570-876-1800
Fax 570-876-5518
  • Zoning & Code Enforcement

    Residential UCC (Building), Zoning, & Code Enforcement Officer

    Brian Dulay

    Hours:  7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Monday through Friday
    Phone: 570-876-1800 Ext. 102

    The Zoning Officer is responsible for the enforcement and implementation of all provisions of the Archbald Borough Zoning Ordinance.  The officer also conducts field inspections in conjunction with complaints or to enforce the Zoning Ordinance and/or any other Ordinances.  Any blight issues are also handled by the Zoning & Code Enforcement Officer.

    For frequently requested forms and ordinances click here

    Archbald Borough has elected to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code.

    Commercial UCC (Building) Third Party Inspector

    Building Inspection Underwriters (BIU)
    1010 Albright Avenue, Scranton PA 18508

    Residential Rental Properties

    The Code Enforcement Officer is also responsible for the enforcement of Ordinance No. 2 of 2009, Governing and Regulating Residential Rental Properties within the Borough of Archbald.  Said Ordinance requires every landlord to register all residential properties he or she owns with the Borough’s Building and Zoning Inspector on a triennial basis; and it further requires an inspection of the Residential Rental Property to determine and insure that the Residential Rental Property and each unit contained therein is not a public nuisance or substandard and meets all zoning, health and safety requirements of the Borough, as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws.

    No landlord or person shall permit the occupancy of a Residential Rental Property or a unit contained therein, without first having obtained a Residential Rental Property permit or the renewal thereof.  Please contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 570-876-1800 or download and mail a Residential Rental License Application and forward it to the Code Enforcement Officer at the Borough Municipal Building to arrange to have your property registered and inspected.  Failure to do so will result in appropriate enforcement action per said Ordinance.