Open Planning Commission Seat
Archbald Borough is seeking a new member of the Archbald Borough Planning Commission. The principal responsibility of the Planning Commission is to prepare and amend the Borough’s comprehensive plan and the land use regulations (e.g., Zoning Regulations, Subdivision Regulations, Official Map). Statute also empowers the Planning Commission to:
- Undertake capacity studies and approve matters of land development, urban renewal, transportation, economic and social development, urban beautification and design improvements, historic and scenic preservation, the conservation of energy and the development of renewable energy resources and wetland protection.
- Reviews Conditional Use Applications, Makes Recommendations to Borough Council
- Reviews Other Ordinances Pertaining to Planning and Zoning, Makes Recommendations to Borough Council
- Coordinate with other departments and agencies of the municipality as it relates to the work of the commission.
- Undertake comprehensive planning, including related preliminary planning and engineering studies.
- Perform such other acts or functions as it may deem necessary or appropriate.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Daniel Markey, Borough Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday, February 1, 2024.